Hey! If you’re reading this the little boys and I are at the beach with Grandpa and awaiting the arrival of a certain Uncle and cousin from the UK. So yes, that’s me and 5 boys of varying ages on a lake vacation…I hope I’ve remembered to pack everything!
We’re staying in a vacation home super close to the beach. A lot will be provided but when travelling with children I like to be prepared – I’m not travelling light this time!
Here’s what made it into our case:
- Beach towels – one each plus one to spare (Always good for mopping up something!)
- Sand and water toys (Whatever we’ve collected over the last few years plus I’m thinking we’ll treat ourselves to a recycled set by Green Toys) (And in the UK)
- Swim suits (two each for the kids, one for me)
- Clothes (One for each day, plus one spare for the kids)
- Hoodies or fleeces – we’ll still want to play if it’s kind of cool…
- Sneakers and water shoes/sandals (Walking and playing)
- Sunscreen (two gallons for the red head!)
- Bug spray just incase!
- Small back pack of toys, games and books for car and house (incase of rain or in between beach visits)
- Ball and frisbee for outside
- Snacks – times a LOT
- Loo roll / toilet paper
- Small first aid kit
- A sneaky beach science surprise
Go on…what did I forget? Comment below…
And have a good week everyone. See you when I’m back!